We develop sustainable, infrastructure-scale solutions to important societal problems.
Focus on the right opportunities.
We like challenges that are beyond the basic R&D phase, require advanced engineering, creative modifications or optimizations, and necessitate innovative zero-to-one deployment strategies.
- Operate in “Blue Oceans” that are being ignored by the crowd
- Leverage our skills and expertise in infrastructure-scale innovations
- Pursue problem-focused opportunities, not technology for its own sake
Filter technologies rigorously.
We look for technologies that fit the traditional “disruptive” definition, but with a new twist: because large-scale technology development is expensive and challenging, we like to collaborate with major corporations to leverage their expertise and resources. Focusing on 3 Comma ideas enables us to engage with the C-Suite of potential industrial partners.
- Develop solutions that are less expensive than existing approaches
- Create technology with superior functionality to existing approaches
- Meet the 3 Comma Rule – capable of a billion dollars in revenue within 5-10 years with execution risk
Develop the right plan.
Through careful planning of commercialization steps, we can accelerate a technology’s development timeline and reduce risk.
- Engage multi-disciplinary teams to provide a 360-degree perspective
- Combine deep industry expertise with fresh, creative views from tangential fields
- Focus on opportunities to accelerate the time-to-market
Build and secure strategic partnerships.
8 Rivers ensures that the best talent and resources are applied at each step of the commercialization process, whether they exist in-house or within a strategic partner.
- Leverage powerful, industry-specific financial, intellectual, and human capital that cannot otherwise be developed cheaply or quickly
- Build customers into the commercialization program early on
- Reduce risk by enabling strategic partners to focus on execution and 8 Rivers to focus on creative development